Wednesday 14 May 2008

National Volunteers Week 2008



Monday 12th May 2008 is the start of National Volunteer Week. We would like the opportunity to say thank you to our wonderful team of volunteers at the Visitor Information Centre.

I took the opportunity to ask some of our volunteers, why do they volunteer at the Visitor Information Centre?

“Volunteering at the Information Centre is great fun! You get back more than what you give” Pauline Carson

“I really enjoy my time at the Info Centre, talking to lots of happy relaxed holidaying visitors is always a buzz. I also get to know what’s going on in my own town, so I never miss out on any events either” Lesley Finedon

Volunteering at the Beechworth Visitor Information Centre offers an excellent
opportunity to:
• Meet new people
• Be a part of a great team environment
• Help your local community
• Promote Beechworth and our Shire
• Share local knowledge
• Lean about events and latest news
• Keep busy
• Have fun

If you are interested in becoming a volunteer? Phone us on 1300 366 321

No comments: